Unity Tutorial 04

image form my unity gameplay screen form this weeks tutorials 

I found this week’s tutorial more difficult than the previous ones that I have learned . That seems to be a common trend now a I progress onto the next tutorials they seem to keep  getting harder and harder . On this week lessons there was so much coding and techniques been used at once that I found myself copying what the instructions had been being saying rather than actually understanding what I was doing .


 In the first lesson I established a timer for the animals to appear every few seconds instead of hitting S to spawn them. I then  added colliders to all of our prefabs so that a projectile may kill the animal. Finally, if any animals make it past the player, they will receive a "Game Over" notification. Overall, this class went well for me, and the code in these will be useful when I use it in my final project.


The second part of the task was difficult and I had to keep restarting over and over again . the challenge was to debug a game that was not working . I found it difficult to use my own initiative and knowledge rather than be guided and have someone telling me what to do step by step.


In the final lesson I leaned how to make a player jump using keyboard shortcuts and rigid body elements.


I learned a lot of new things this week and will definitely be incorporating some of the elements such as the jump feature in my game .


 


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts