My Favourite Game !

Jak and Daxter

Image from the game "Jak and Daxter"
source: Flickr 

Although new games are constantly being released I will always remember the game "Jak and Daxter" being one of the staples of my childhood and to this day the best game I've ever played.

When I was around 10 years old I had gotten a PSP for Christmas and it just so happened that this game came with it.

I don't think I even knew that I could buy other game cards at this point because I was so entranced with just playing that game 24 hours a day.

It was a free world game that was set in a post-apocalyptic yet historic island filled with dinosaurs, ancient temples, pirates, flying cars, magic, mad scientists, and everything else you can imagine. Basically, every child’s dream.

It involved the two best friends, Jak and Daxter completing different action-packed missions across the island to try and solve the riddle of the island and collect magical tokens.

There have been multiple remakes and re-imagines of this game such as the rather successful game franchise “Ratchet and Clank” which similarly features two best friends completing missions on an epic adventure to get treasure and defeat villains.

Unfortunately, all of the original Jak and Daxter games have been discontinued on modern game wear such as the PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch, but they can still be played on the original software such as the PlayStation 2 and PSP.


Image from the game "Jak and Daxter"
source: Flikr

Comments

  1. Excellent sourcing of images

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good blog. I like how you explained your introduction to the game and that you chose a game that reminded you of your childhood rather than a current game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jak and Daxter, absolute classic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.... I have never played Jak and Daxter... Blasphemy, I know ;) But reading your blog actually got me excited to play it so I my just pick it up. I didn't know Ratchet and Clank was based of this game. I absolutly love Ratchet and Clank and if they are in anyway simular, I will be playing Jak and Daxter for sure. PSP and Vita For the win ;) I have the Vita and miss my psp :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts