First Playable

 


 

Last week I created a baseboard for my game . This included creating the pathway, implementing 3d objects and creating my first c# scripts to allow my 3d object to move in different directions . I added border boundaries and finally assigned an avatar to my 3d object .

This week I planned to create a moving working playable version of my game . While I already created a moving playable version last week , this week I intended to create stronger graphics and animations .

Now that I have already transformed my 3d box into an avatar I need to add an animation that would make the player run . I download a simple running animation form “Maximo” and implemented it into my game by nesting it inside my “playermove” folder . I adjusted the speed again so that there would be no drag on the floor .

I downloaded multiple single assets form multiple different assets sites and slowly started to brin them into my game .

To create the background, I started off by creating a section of mountains on either side . I added some snow to the mountain and then placed individual rocks and trees around the sides.

To create my obstacles however I needed to add code and mesh border in order for my obstacles to react as obstacles should do .

I transformed my various different 3d objects into  , rocks , trees , and branches and placed them around the pathway . I complete three individual sections of the map and then used code to create an endless runner generator that would create more sections of the map based on the three unique sections that I had already made .

I then evaluated the game worked .

Next week I play to add a coin counter lest into my game and I will place rotating collectible coins around the map . I plan to add sound effects to this as well .

Comments

Popular Posts