Week 9 Reading and Writing

 From the beginning of the semester up until no now I have found myself reading numerous different articles and viewing multiple different YouTube videos  all related in some way to game Design . Initially going into this module, I had absolutely no idea about not only games and playing games but also the creation of games and just how much work participates in the theory and specific psychology behind it .

In the first few weeks the articles and information was primarily about game theory and terminology. I learned the language of game and how to label and speak about games using special made words and codes. I never knew how important this information would be until I recently actually found myself in a situation where I was reading an article and the writer was referring to  some game terminology such as the alpha and  AI ,and  instantly understood what these terms meant .

Some other readings that I really enjoyed reading was the psychology-based readings . I think that subliminally I always knew that there was psychological elements that went into decision making and the creation of games but I never realised how detailed and precise that actually is .

Image from previous weeks readings
Finding out that games are specifically designed to release dopamine in the human brain which is in a way like an addiction that the player will keep coming back for .Things like creating  levels and user interactive features such as buttons , coins , goals, and challenges are all things that keep the payer not only entertained but “stimulated” as so that they can continue to play the game for a long time .

I have absolutely applied some if not most of the information that I have learned through the reading into my own game . From creating interactive features , to choosing a colour scheme that appeals to all ages . Every aspect of my game was entirely created by all of the information that I have learned both through readings and also tutorials . I cannot wait until semester 2 when I can dive father in depth into more research and learn more about creating games on a larger scale .

Comments

Popular Posts