Unity Tutorial 3

 

Screengrab from my laptop unity screen on this week's tutorial.

I built a basic game of shooting pizzas and spawning three different creatures on the game throughout this week of Unity instructions. This instruction was much different from the others I'd finished thus far, and it was first quite puzzling because I'd grown accustomed to the vehicle scenario. I'm starting to feel like I'm learning more about unity and scripts.

To begin, I needed to create an empty prototype 2 folder and download the prototype 2 beginning files, just like in the previous tutorials. The initial steps were similar to those in the first Unity tutorial I did.

We had to create a scene with a player going left to right and three animals in front of him that would ultimately spawn randomly around the screen and move toward the player. In addition, the player had to use the space bar to shoot food toward the animals.
The player now has the ability to shoot a prefab by hitting the Spacebar. You can use destruct out of bounds in any game, and it's arguably the most useful feature of this lesson as animals are removed from the scene if they are outside the screen.

The most difficult aspect of these tutorials for me is getting the code properly written. One minor error causes the entire game to crash, and the worst issue is that you have no idea where you went wrong, leaving you spending a lot of time going through the code to figure out where you went wrong.
As the tutorials go on and I get more experience with unity, I believe I will be able to complete an appealing and working 3d game design by the completion of the semester.

Comments

Popular Posts