Prototype

 

Image by me 

To start creating my protype I initially paced a large 3d cub in the centre of my game. Using the y axis I stretch out the cube until it had a length of exactly fifty pixels . I chose fifty pixels as later on in the game it will be vital part of my level generation . 

Once I had my cube the size I wanted I aligned it and renamed it as my pathway . This is going to be the pathway that will hold my endless runner game. 

Before I added my characters or assets into the game I started adding in multiple different sized 3d cubes around my pathway.

Once I had all of the placements complete of where I wanted my obstacles and player to be I then created different scripts that allowed my player to move in all different directions. Up, down , left , right , jump and also a border control .

I evaluated my game a few times and changed the players speed until I was happy with it .



Image by me


Once I had completed the very basics I started to search for assets that I would use.

I spent about two hours researching different asset stores and ended up choosing an avatar from the website “Maximo” . on this site I was able to download two different assets . One being the avatar and the other being the running animation .

I then dragged and dropped both of these assets inside my player folder as so that they would side inside my already moving player. I wrote some simple script and then I turned of mesh rendering from the original box which then left me with only the avatar being visible .

My goal for the next step of my project is to search for assets that I can use to start building the world around my game . Right now, I do not have any sort of environment or theme and I hope that by the end of the next project task I will have completed my world and will then focus on the gaming elements . 

Comments

Popular Posts