Games Testing

 

Image source here


We realized the significance of user testing in this week's reading. I've discovered that technological progress is constant. The video game industry is typically on the forefront of innovation of technical progress. In games, there should be a lot of testing. The majority of the time, larger games have their very own testing and evaluation teams.

It is suggested in these readings that you begin testing your games as soon as your first model is completed. Testing can take several different forms, with every game providing its own set of requirements. To name a few, there's compatibility testing, performance testing, bug testing, and functionality testing.

Game testing is a crucial stage in guaranteeing the highest level of performance and quality in the final product. The purpose of game testing is to detect bugs . 

Since starting my project I have been continuously testing my game  I feel that Unity has helped me t be proactive with testing my games as when there is any code wrong the game view will not play so rather than leaving the issue until later on I have no choice but to solve every issue that arise straight away in order to continue creating my game .This can be frustrating in the moment when you don’t know how to fix it but Dow the line it’s so beneficial as a tiny error can become lost so easily in so much code.

a super quick intro an brief description of why game testing is so important.

Some other useful sources

Why test games ?

a presentation by Adil Qayyum about the importance on games testing  as well as the  best strategies to take

Testing Strategies

 AN interactive animated presentation of 7 game testing techniques you can use

Game Techniques

Comments

Popular Posts