Game Idea Research


Image from the game "Ice Princess"

From completing my game ideas in my last project post I have spent some time weighing out each different idea to come to the decision of actually committing to one game.

My lecturer has also helped me to come to this decision by providing some constructive feedback about my ideas.

I have chosen the idea of an endless runner chase game in a snow setting .

I decided to go with that game as it is a game that I can see myself playing .I Have played similar type of games in the past such as subway surfers  or temple run and I feel that if I am to create a game I want to be able to enjoy the type of game that I am making .

My goal for this game is to have a main character running though a snowy forest away from an oncoming avalanche that is behind them .

The character will face plenty of barriers stopping them from out running the avalanche such as large rocks , snowmen , trees , branches and  fallen debris .

The player will gradually get faster as the game goes on making it difficult for the player to dodge obstacles hence adding an excitement factor to the game .

While dodging obstacles and trying to navigate through the forest the player can also collect coins on their way . The number of coins the player collects will be displayed on coin counter somewhere on the screen. At the end of the game the player can see how many coins they have collected and challenge their friends to try and beat the high score.

I have sketched a mock-up of what of what I want my game to look like and in my next project task I will begin to create of some 3d elements such as boxes and plains , to begin creating my game and forest scene.

Comments

Popular Posts