Game Elements

This week I was assigned four articles in which I was to read and then discuss my thoughts and opinion on the material covered. The universal topics of the reading was the subject of game elements and vocabulary.

The articles were beneficial in this reading assignment because they discussed how to construct a game and what steps to take initially. The game aspects are crucial while developing a game, and if the game creator forgets one, they will be lacking critical information for their game to be complete. This is due to the fact that each game feature is linked to the others. Sketching out a design on a piece of paper is the first step in making a game. This will help the game's designer see the game, figure out how it will be played, and evaluate it with a range of players. Prototyping can also be done via playing.

Prototyping A Game

Conflicts, ambitions, and decision-making were some of the repeating themes I discovered. The reading also explained the atomic components of a game. Players, goals, and regulations were the atomic elements.

I was introduced to another aspect of game creation in the video that I have posted above, where I learned how to draw and construct a prototype for my game. This is to ensure that when you continue to develop your game, you always have a clear image to start with. It also enables the creator to test any decisions they make and correct any faults that may develop before beginning to design the game.


further articles that I found interesting and also elate to the information that I have provided

the internalisation of game design by Mattias Arvola and Jon Manker

The Four Types of Game Design by Youtuber Extra Credits


Comments

Popular Posts