Time Strategies

                     

Image quote source:Lovely Impact


As part of this task, I chose to read two articles written about the importance of timekeeping and organising your schedule.

The first article I read was The Important Habit of Just Starting by Jory Mackay”. This article was beautifully written and was worded in a way that spoke to me on a personal level as I read through each line.

Mackay goes on to explain how in this day and age impulsiveness and short-term goals and gratification will ultimately kill and any long term motivation and goals as our greed to be constantly satisfied outweighs our want to wait for the future.

We are impatient creatures that live in a fast-paced world of advertisements and products that push us into a lifestyle of craving instant results which in the long term is harming us as we are too impatient to wait for anything.

Although we are aware of our own actions as we take them we are unable to stop ourselves from still making these decisions.McKay words it by saying “Procrastination isn’t just simply us putting off things until a later date. It’s purposefully putting aside important work knowing there will be negative consequences in the future.” Which I think is very honest and true to the majority of people.

I have learned from McKay’s piece of writing that starting is the hardest task of all . The anxiety and worry about the task itself is ten times worse than the actual work. Once we start we forget what it was that had us so worried in the first place.

The second article that I read was  The Myth of Too Busy by Tim Grahl.

This piece of writing focuses primarily on the commonly used phrase “I’m too busy”. He explains how people seem to love to boast about being busy ,as if it’s a sign of success . Rather be busy than bored .Grahl explain how the term “being too busy” is not a real thing , what we actually mean to say is “ I have failed to prioritise my time correctly “.

He carries on telling the importance of prioritising your tasks well enough so that being too busy is not an excuse anymore. If you work up at 5 am instead of 6am. If you went to bed instead of scrolling mindlessly through social media, or binge watching tv shows. Would that not make you less busy ?.

I have learned through his writing that it is not the lack of time that burdens me but my own lack of organisation . The truth is I could have as many hobbies or read as many books as I wanted to. I could work and see friends and have my schedule packed with things that I love. The only thing that stops me Is the endless hours I spend doing useless things that would make no difference to my life If I didn’t do them.

 

This semester I panto utilize these strategies by removing the unnecessary time-wasting activities from my life and replacing them with productive ones instead. I plan to start every task immediately and take a pro active approach as opposed to waiting a few days and then starting .This way it Stop stress from building up and also allow me to live my life and not just live to complete assignments.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Comments

Popular Posts